Sunday, September 25, 2011

Rosette Topiary

I found a cute idea online for making a topiary. We just purchased a console table and needed to create a front entry space. Here is the finished topiary.


I bought two balls of twig from Hobby Lobby. One was 5'' the other was 6''. I cut a wooden dowel to about 16'' and painted it brown. It was not hard to glue the twigs onto the dowel. I made sure that everything was even then I hot glued everything into place. In the bottom of the flower pot (I also found at Hobby Lobby) I placed a styrofoam half circle in and filled the vase with glass marbles.
I made a lot of large rosettes to put on the topiary. I used four different fabrics and started hot gluing them from the top.


Here we have the flowers on and I included pearls to go all around as well.



Here is our front entrance with the topiary on the table.

Ta da!!! Here it is. I included ribbon under each of the balls and if it seems lopsided the shadows where affecting the picture.



How cute. Our entry turned out great.

2 comments:

  1. Those are sooooo cute! You're so creative and crafty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all your crafts Elise, you have an amazing talent for creating beautiful things. Hope you guys are doing well.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I read every single one and thank you for stopping by.