Monday, October 14, 2013

1 Month Reality Check

Baby Pears is six weeks which has gone by so fast! I have learned so much about being a mom and having a little baby. When I hear people say nothing can fully prepare you for being a parent they are right, 9 months you know he is coming but all of the sudden everything is put to the test.

*  How much you love this little person and how you'll do anything for them.
* Goodbye sleep, he's sleeping decent during the night and waking up only twice, but I'm still way exhausted and sleep is very unpredictable.
* He's being more engaging with us which is amazing. A few days ago he started smiling which is the happiest feeling in the world to see our baby do that!
* He loves cuddling and being held, which makes getting things done a little harder, but seeing that little face look up at me makes my heart melt. I love it.
* Our house is a mess, and I need to deal with it.  Yep, nothing else needs to be said to elaborate on that.
* Less time with just husband and I, but now we get to share our time with our little family.
* Holy diapers! We bought a pack of 96 exactly a week ago and we have less than 15 diapers left.
* I'm surprised how fast he's growing, he seems so much bigger at times like when he's holding up his neck or looking into our eyes and definitely recognizes us now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I read every single one and thank you for stopping by.